Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking Down The Spiritual Ego

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 266 Posts
    oh, by the way..
    the ego is not a bad thing. or whatever you want to call "thing".
    i go with being a term called KISS! Keep it simple stupid.
    i am not a scientific worded person. no need for the mumbo jumbo.
    it complicates things that if one comprehends the basic idea..
    then can realize most of our moves through life are ego based.
    hah, yes even when you think that you have yours under control.
    we cannot live this life without ego. if we did then we would be that
    nuts, bolts and washers with an AI driver.. no soul or spirit.
    we are organic beings.. not illusion, not holographic..
    that is all nonsense and not the slightest true.. total mis information.
    or dis.. whichever prefix you want to use.
    (im not here to have a an english major.)
    another problem with matt khan.. he is infiltrated by the assended masters.
    sonanda.. new age crapola.
    (just wanted to share that bit of info with ya. and it poped out from that thread)
    butt i guess a little off subject, sorry, i do that sometimes. my apologies.

Its Just a Ride!

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Looks like it may take a couple of pages just to define Spiritual Ego, maybe best to ask my partner how it was meant.

Thanks
    Well, it was meant in the way of, on a personnel level, as a last level in one's spiritual growth, sorta as the mind chatter is subsiding.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    In my humble opinion (is this ego or not?) This is what I feel is simply a term some people use to explain certain kinds of behaviour, but like everything else in life it is not always what it seems - why because we are complex beings and what to one person is one thing, to another it is something entirely different. People wrote books about all sorts of terms such as these and made lots of money, and their terms became in use in the general public, but that doesn't mean they are what the term says it is.

for example, in an office where all are considered equal, they are on the same wages, the same kind of contract, do the same work (more or less), however, one of these may think they are more equal than all the rest, for any number of reasons, most often they consider they do a better job than any one else. This would be touted usually as that person having an ego, but it would not be considered a spiritual ego to all intent because their seems to be no spirituality connected to this. However, one person may resent the feeling that is put across by this person to be considered having an ego. This second person is some one who feels the intent of another and is affected emotionally by this. This to me then becomes a spiritual issue, for, the person who considers themselves more than some one else, enough to have it felt by another person is projecting something intending to make life emptier to some one else. This becomes part of rule one for all who live in open-ness, for we should do nothing to harm some one else. This is not then, ego, it is something some one feels about themselves, which might just be true, except, their intent to harm was not there.

So, the complexity begins, if you wish to see it in spiritual terms.

I can see a few things here that become spiritual Soul work for some of us to have needed at some time to work on.

I talk most about the things that happen to myself that I had to work on a great deal, and one in particular comes in front of me over again. This is the use of the word "I" - it is so often associated with ego and to me is a complete misnomer, for astrologically I am Aries - Sun, moon, ascendant, mercury, Saturn and part of fortune in Aries, now what is Aries known for - "I Am" so for my explanation to any person to whom I speak, it will be littered with I, or more particularly I AM. Does that make me egotistical, or simply living in the way I was meant to see things this time round. However, like so many of you, I woke up, I began exploring, not only life itself but myself. Unlike so many others, as soon as I began to do so I had a God come to help me go through these changes. That God, became my Higher Self, and let me go helter skelter into find myself and more importantly to me what talents I had that I never knew existed. If you had known the most boring, slow, inward me, you would not be so surprised at the person I became when I began to find this whole exciting new world. Those who did not know that old me had nothing to go by when this excited new me emerged to the shock of myself. when I tried to explain some of these new things I'd found to some one else who had woken up years before me and was on the trail of Tibetan Buddhism, she suddenly said "There you go, putting me down again" which in its own way is the ego thing. But ..... I was only excited and saying what had happened, I was not at any time in my mind telling I was better than her, had no thought of it whatsoever....... she thought I was, so to her it was real - so she had a problem about some one putting her down compared to themselves, that is a spiritual issue she was being greeted with obviously time and again. Was I supposed to see my ego in this and do something about it, or was I having been confronted with it now supposed to look at it myself. I know it hurt me, and, since it hurt me, that hurt was mine, not hers. So Aianawa
    Well, it was meant in the way of, on a personnel level, as a last level in one's spiritual growth, sorta as the mind chatter is subsiding.
    this is one of those spiritual ego things that we will all come across at some time, and so what did my God tell me to use as a general guide in this situation:

First of all, see if any of it is a problem that I needed to deal with, I certainly needed to see how hurt I become when some one else tells me I have done wrong (mainly because I had many occasions in my childhood when I was strapped for doing wrong, and I had no idea what I had done) so that was mine to deal with. Did I intend to do harm? No - so I did not have to deal with this, but had I meant to then it was my problem and he would certainly make me deal with it, So it was a problem of the other persons and I did not have to deal with her problem, but she most certainly did, and it would only be right to try to help her come to terms with it in this way, if she would allow it. did I feel pride or better than some one else no, I was just extremely excited and happy, so it was not ego, but I did have to learn how others can feel put down and very hurt, just as I felt hurt when she in fact began putting me down, by blaming me for doing this to her.

So no ego ever existed in society, till claws came out and some decided that to show just who the mightiest was by simply ripping some one to shreds emotionally. This is spiritual torment, which became known as evil intent to harm, and that is what this story on life is about - to learn to be in Life, but let all be themselves, without assuming to know what the other persons motives are or were. We heal only by understanding tokens of everyone's sordid head space - if we in fact stood all outside the head space, we find no close ties to headspace - it is all emotional reaction , to a given response, which gives words to use to explain the intent, but worn't explain "Please don't do this to me again, it hurts too much".

Retired Member
    Thanks
    In this segment Alan gets to the heart of this issue

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (12th August 2015), lcam88 (11th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    ZShawn, thanks for the video and introduction to Alan.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVCKoAyqC1w

I queued the video to where Alan talks about choice and freedom. I found it quite meaningful. => Acting without choosing, in a way, is putting the ego aside.

Perhaps this is meaningful here if the context of spiritual ego is to suggest conscious efforts in the deciding of things spiritual. <shrug/>

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Cearna (12th August 2015), ZShawn (11th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    the realization of the self puts all these questions to rest, of spiritual ego and which practice is best and all this other spiritual hand wringing....since they are the fluff that gets in the way and delays the realization of the self.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (12th August 2015), lcam88 (11th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Indeed. Alan likens intellectualization as "dwelling on the map rather than exploring the territory". If you jump right into exploration of the territory, along the way you may find the map useful, but regardless of how much you dwell on the map, you exploration is still in front of you.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Cearna (12th August 2015), ZShawn (12th August 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Cearna View Post
    In my humble opinion (is this ego or not?) This is what I feel is simply a term some people use to explain certain kinds of behaviour, but like everything else in life it is not always what it seems - why because we are complex beings and what to one person is one thing, to another it is something entirely different. People wrote books about all sorts of terms such as these and made lots of money, and their terms became in use in the general public, but that doesn't mean they are what the term says it is.

for example, in an office where all are considered equal, they are on the same wages, the same kind of contract, do the same work (more or less), however, one of these may think they are more equal than all the rest, for any number of reasons, most often they consider they do a better job than any one else. This would be touted usually as that person having an ego, but it would not be considered a spiritual ego to all intent because their seems to be no spirituality connected to this. However, one person may resent the feeling that is put across by this person to be considered having an ego. This second person is some one who feels the intent of another and is affected emotionally by this. This to me then becomes a spiritual issue, for, the person who considers themselves more than some one else, enough to have it felt by another person is projecting something intending to make life emptier to some one else. This becomes part of rule one for all who live in open-ness, for we should do nothing to harm some one else. This is not then, ego, it is something some one feels about themselves, which might just be true, except, their intent to harm was not there.

So, the complexity begins, if you wish to see it in spiritual terms.

I can see a few things here that become spiritual Soul work for some of us to have needed at some time to work on.

I talk most about the things that happen to myself that I had to work on a great deal, and one in particular comes in front of me over again. This is the use of the word "I" - it is so often associated with ego and to me is a complete misnomer, for astrologically I am Aries - Sun, moon, ascendant, mercury, Saturn and part of fortune in Aries, now what is Aries known for - "I Am" so for my explanation to any person to whom I speak, it will be littered with I, or more particularly I AM. Does that make me egotistical, or simply living in the way I was meant to see things this time round. However, like so many of you, I woke up, I began exploring, not only life itself but myself. Unlike so many others, as soon as I began to do so I had a God come to help me go through these changes. That God, became my Higher Self, and let me go helter skelter into find myself and more importantly to me what talents I had that I never knew existed. If you had known the most boring, slow, inward me, you would not be so surprised at the person I became when I began to find this whole exciting new world. Those who did not know that old me had nothing to go by when this excited new me emerged to the shock of myself. when I tried to explain some of these new things I'd found to some one else who had woken up years before me and was on the trail of Tibetan Buddhism, she suddenly said "There you go, putting me down again" which in its own way is the ego thing. But ..... I was only excited and saying what had happened, I was not at any time in my mind telling I was better than her, had no thought of it whatsoever....... she thought I was, so to her it was real - so she had a problem about some one putting her down compared to themselves, that is a spiritual issue she was being greeted with obviously time and again. Was I supposed to see my ego in this and do something about it, or was I having been confronted with it now supposed to look at it myself. I know it hurt me, and, since it hurt me, that hurt was mine, not hers. So Aianawa this is one of those spiritual ego things that we will all come across at some time, and so what did my God tell me to use as a general guide in this situation:

First of all, see if any of it is a problem that I needed to deal with, I certainly needed to see how hurt I become when some one else tells me I have done wrong (mainly because I had many occasions in my childhood when I was strapped for doing wrong, and I had no idea what I had done) so that was mine to deal with. Did I intend to do harm? No - so I did not have to deal with this, but had I meant to then it was my problem and he would certainly make me deal with it, So it was a problem of the other persons and I did not have to deal with her problem, but she most certainly did, and it would only be right to try to help her come to terms with it in this way, if she would allow it. did I feel pride or better than some one else no, I was just extremely excited and happy, so it was not ego, but I did have to learn how others can feel put down and very hurt, just as I felt hurt when she in fact began putting me down, by blaming me for doing this to her.

So no ego ever existed in society, till claws came out and some decided that to show just who the mightiest was by simply ripping some one to shreds emotionally. This is spiritual torment, which became known as evil intent to harm, and that is what this story on life is about - to learn to be in Life, but let all be themselves, without assuming to know what the other persons motives are or were. We heal only by understanding tokens of everyone's sordid head space - if we in fact stood all outside the head space, we find no close ties to headspace - it is all emotional reaction , to a given response, which gives words to use to explain the intent, but worn't explain "Please don't do this to me again, it hurts too much".
    Couple of words I cottoned onto were another world, when one begins to live in two worlds, let alone three, others find you very difficult to know again when they only knew you in the first realm/world/that dimension etc, yes from your pesonnell stories I see many reflections and experiences. I have been going over what it means to me for a couple of days and came up with it maybe just being stages of spiritual development facing each other to remember and learn as you so aptly put in your personell story, yourself being open to any learning ( good simple self mastery ) through your friends um spiritual ego ?. very busy and looking forward to viewing vids soon as.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Cearna (12th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Couple of words I cottoned onto were another world, when one begins to live in two worlds, let alone three, others find you very difficult to know again when they only knew you in the first realm/world/that dimension etc. yes from your pesonnal stories I see many reflections and experiences. I have been going over what it means to me for a couple of days and came up with it maybe just being stages of spiritual development facing each other to remember and learn as you so aptly put in your personal story, yourself being open to any learning ( good simple self mastery ) through your friends um spiritual ego ?. very busy and looking forward to viewing vids soon as.
    I find opening up, the most telling thing in life. This is a simple explanation to Alan saying to use your own mind as in everything else it is more complicated than this. We all have understanding that all link to knowledge is from the brain which we also call the mind. This is not quite True, for the Soul really is what the mind is, and there is one rigid part of it that sits over the right hemisphere of the brain, which connects to the first of all memories in your soul about the fiddly bits of your memory, which come into some one's mind, and this is what the few might call Life in the Raw- or your own superficial experiences - this is what is called long term memory - the Self is what this is. To people, then, what happens in our Life is what we need to deal with. It isn't always so easy to know what needs to be dealt with, but as a general rule, it is when the mind is not real happy about the superficial connections of others, to yourself, you will most likely feel uneasy about the exchange.

You are not to feel roped down in some way by another's realisation of what you are to them. Think like them, and you are then not yourself - this is what zShawn stipulates on his post
    the realisation of the self puts all these questions to rest, of spiritual ego and which practice is best and all this other spiritual hand wringing....since they are the fluff that gets in the way and delays the realisation of the self.
    To create a better Soul Link than asking the mind to give you a better connection to this experience, it is something only in my need to know how to cope, that I was taught to say I now open up. When it is said, the brain, somehow solves what to do, and it transmits to your Soul, the information needed to convey your search, from mindless chatter, to specific ingrained total life experiences, so the Soul can sift through the dross, and certain topics not fully connected to this experience, and the Soul will place before you what this was about this time, and allow you access to stories hidden in your bodily memories, that will give you your recipe for what stood out to your Soul that needed final clarification, to put in your Soul itself, as the first thing you will do, so you won't have your time to this every single minute time this comes in focus again. You will gain healing in your soul once you know what this is truly about and how to worry less, forever more. Work on this now and see how it works, your Soul is always happy to oblige.

The rest of the Soul, has other indicators of giving you the Right to Know, about the Consciousness, you are supposed to reach in this life as well. Use the same I now open up procedure.

A pendulum is not supposed to stop Life at the gifted level, but can be used to focus to take you to the first possible link to your Soul, for your Soul likes to narrow down the immense solving role you can take yourself to, within one life, instead of having to have many to get to the same result. I find it invaluable.

This might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqNlW6ZATV8

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I think it is the obvious imperfections of our material/form aspect which we ID-entify with so strongly that gets in the way of the self realization that we are indeed perfect and need no gods nor saints, and even no practice, no ascension, since we are already the one and are just having an identity crisis which is all in the mind, totally psycho-somatic
    as all the people who have gone through all the spiritual contortions and jumped through all the hoops, only to find that they were completely un-necessary since we are already there
    tat tvam asi
    it is just a trick of perspective that is the biggest problem
    but how to convince the mind that there isn't any problem when it is busy conjuring up problems by the bucket load.
    if there is any spiritual ego at all, it is the ego itself which is busy convincing each one that they are a poor little me
    and think so little of themselves, and thereby put all these barriers in the way.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (13th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by ZShawn View Post
    I think it is the obvious imperfections of our material/form aspect which we ID-entify with so strongly that gets in the way of the self realization that we are indeed perfect and need no gods nor saints, and even no practice, no ascension, since we are already the one and are just having an identity crisis which is all in the mind, totally psycho-somatic as all the people who have gone through all the spiritual contortions and jumped through all the hoops, only to find that they were completely un-necessary since we are already there
    tat tvam asi
    it is just a trick of perspective that is the biggest problem
    but how to convince the mind that there isn't any problem when it is busy conjuring up problems by the bucket load.
    if there is any spiritual ego at all, it is the ego itself which is busy convincing each one that they are a poor little me
    and think so little of themselves, and thereby put all these barriers in the way.
    This is working against the fears, being rushed evermore into your lap, mine, and every one elses. To decide I'm now perfection, means no more seeking to give yourself the evolution, you came to achieve it (evolution of self), not to decide I'm now perfect is not what the journey is about. If Truth is only words to you, then I might as well entertain the idea of toppling into the sea, right now, because my search began by wanting to know, who does know what this journey is all about. I asked to know, (in risk of getting nowhere at all) could some one please help me in finding a way to teach about the newest of energies, which I had begun to bring down, so all could benefit from this wondrous something I was finding in these energies. These are now so many, and so powerful, that every one using them so far, has had major changes take place in their lives. If in fear of these, I cannot tell you what they have done for me, then I am now no longer able to do what I came to do, which was to clear a wave ahead, of gilt edged gifts to whomever, says yes I would like to receive these energies.

When later on after calling to the Universe for this help, this one God decided to cling to my need to do this for others. He is right here, right next to my left side, and he will not let this work go, no matter the number of times I find there is so little interest in them, simply because in order to help describe what they are people equate them to Reiki, which they are not - this is like saying that I've got one place in my heart to give you, and that is as much as you can have. Reiki is a golden Light energy, but is the lowest any one can begin with, what happens is this is one light in millions of Lights, not all of them being colours, though the full range at the highest level is available within those I can use.

So, why do I need this one God beside me, besides the wonderful advice and companionship he has given me over the years - first of all I never feel alone, most people on Earth find the worst thing they feel, is being alone even amongst their loved ones, but that is just a gift to myself, here is here to help me give something to others which otherwise they could not achieve for themselves. If you had done Reiki, you would know that in order to be able to use it then, it must be brought through by a Reiki Master, then it is available forever to you, well it is the same with all these many many energies which I have had made available to me in much the same way as Reiki was given originally to one Japanese Man who asked to find out what it was that Christ was able to heal and all else couldn't, he was given Reiki. So, I am now 76 years old, with a sick husband, who has just gone through his chiron return and is now in the throes of his Saturn return, and he is suffering, because he needs to find something really important to him and in the long run, this will help him.

This God with me, trains some of the newly created female Angels (who began about 1990) in the use of these energies, he will go to visit any one who asks for help especially in healing, but his specialty is in knowing what you need to know. If someone asks for these energies he chooses one of the female Angels to go to the person wishing to have the energies, and then stay with them as an extra helper, but also as an expert in the use of the energies to help overcome illness and/or the need to find your way. Like everything else in life you need to have experienced what it is like to have that someone there in your life before you can understand, that although you may not have to have this help, but when you have it, you find that new dimension in life that so many talk about achieving, they don't take your place, they don't do it for you, but their presence is often that extra that helps you to go and do what you may have otherwise not done for yourself.

Yes, your mind can think itself into all kinds of problems, there is no doubt about that, but if we were already so perfect, we would not be here, you came to confront life and from that find out that all life is not just this physical drama of surviving and overcoming obstacles, no matter where they may have come from, but if you live in guess work your risk is great as you go through life,now or in another incarnation, but when it is words on paper, or a video to watch, you are able to live in knowing what to do, how to react and so on or having the means to a better way to live , then begins the fact that the mind heals itself, and jobs begin to come your way, and you are someone you were not before, then you have worked on why you are here, not to become perfect, you can become one of the creators of beauty and love, the Light to shine the way to some one else, or simply to be happy , calm and peaceful isn't that worth relating to in whatever you or anyone else is ?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

lcam88 (20th August 2015)

Thanks
    Strong well directed reply above Cearna, enjoyed the strength of post.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Cearna (21st August 2015), lcam88 (20th August 2015)