Thread: Steven Seagal Tells Media That Mass Shootings Are "Engineered"

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts

Steven Seagal Tells Media That Mass Shootings Are "Engineered"

Have to say that I agree with him on this one.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th October 2015), Cearna (10th October 2015), Elen (10th October 2015), enjoy being (10th October 2015), Frances (12th October 2015), Jengelen (10th October 2015), JRS (12th October 2015), modwiz (10th October 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    There likely is some truth to some of that. It is also quite likely that the NRA has used fear to gain new members, perhaps even colluded with politicians to bring up hot button issues just because of the influx of new memberships and expired but renewed memberships increase also due to this fear. When you look at who benefits from all this fear one has to look at those benefiting financially. Realistically speaking the NRA like many other lobby groups and organizations, benefit monetarily from the very thing they are supposed to be standing up for.

Since the time I was a young lad the NRA has been putting the fear into all gun owners the same way. The government is coming the government is coming. In the mean time the government in all actuality hasn't changed a whole lot, the only thing that has changed is that now there are groups needing money that have found a hot button to push on Americans every time they need more cash! As Icke has pointed out in other scenarios its 'problem, reaction, solution! You ever wonder if some of these groups like the NRA don't come up with some of the stuff we hear? And just because they know it will mean new memberships! Its all about money everywhere you turn anymore, and everyone is a con with some angle!

Every election they do this with guns and other hot button issues. Every election people get to arguing back and forth on facebook and twitter and forums all over politics falling for the smoke screen instead of staying focused. Its all smoke and mirrors to both distract and profit from the masses! Taking part in it is just showing the elite that we are incapable of taking care of ourselves! They love it that we can't even see the forest for the trees they really do!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th October 2015), bsbray (11th October 2015), Cearna (10th October 2015), enjoy being (10th October 2015), Greenbarry (10th October 2015), sandy (14th October 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I think that belief that "the government is coming" is not limited to the NRA. I grew up in a rural southern community, and I don't remember anyone talking about the NRA or being a member of it (aside from seeing a bumper sticker here and there when I got old enough to pay attention), but anti-government (as in, anti-federal) sentiments are still strong and probably go back to the Civil War.

In other words I do not think this is something that has to be "lobbied" into the American people, to protect rights like the right to bear arms. It's already pretty firmly rooted into our culture as it is, and was in my father's generation, my grandfathers' generation, on back.

I think it's healthy to have this wariness because frankly it's a very real threat. Certainly the federal government in the US is a much bigger threat to the American people than any Middle East nation or terrorist group, and I think a lot of Americans have realized this by now.
    Last edited by bsbray, 10th October 2015 at 03:08.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th October 2015), Cearna (10th October 2015), Greenbarry (10th October 2015), Jengelen (10th October 2015), modwiz (10th October 2015), sandy (14th October 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Mr. Seagal has personal experience that forms the basis of his statement, about the engineered "funny stuff that's going on".

What I find interesting is that he would publicly state these 'opinions'.
    And I see this as an indication that things are loosening up, especially in terms of information dissemination.

JJ

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnjen325 For This Useful Post:

bsbray (11th October 2015), Cearna (11th October 2015), enjoy being (10th October 2015), Jengelen (10th October 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    This is a bit of a catch 22.
    Not the Steven Seagal speaking on Russian Television, the Russian government funded network, to an interviewer with a partial American accent using the terminology to him (Seagal) "your country"... bit
    But the overall subject of your gun control status.

I wrote a post here.. http://jandeane81.com/threads/7885-W...#post841937623 ..that would have bits lead into this post. Sort of as a disclaimer or an introduction to myself, the outsider looking in.

I can not claim to for a second know what it is like to live in such a country. I have never ever been there and I doubt I ever will. Maybe one should also add "slippery slope" to "catch 22".

As far as I know, in my life and watching how people are. Guns are not needed really. They are good for hunting I guess. They changed warfare. They were needed by some at that point, to suit their head space. The slippery slopes of what came first the war or the weapon.

From where I stand, it seems like the USA needs guns because it has guns. The head space of the people, a percentage, and the osmosis of fear including others down the chain. A location at a point where the horse has already bolted in terms of innocence of having no guns...

But you see, as in the disclaimer, I haven't lived that sort of life. We don't have a single natural land predator here that is dangerous. No poisonous spiders or scorpions or snakes. Definitely no wolves or jackals or larger. I can go crashing about in the native bush here and... (oh, there is ONE sightly poisonous spider that is fairly rare and only hangs out in certain places among rotting wood...) ...and do what ever I like without any care in the world. It is not even part of my consciousness.. being vigilant for dangerous critters.

That extends to gun carriers. People are allowed to own guns, they have to be kept locked up under tight procedure and the license is a comprehensive test with character witnesses required. But it is not a big thing, people don't carry guns around and no one is really scared of not having a gun. I am not sure what the percentage is here of gun owners. Some areas, in the farm land, which there is a lot of, most probably have a gun or their family does.

So, what I wish to point out, is that guns are really not necessary. But that the horse has bolted down the slippery slope for the USA and the Catch 22 is that I doubt it could go back to there being "no guns", or how it is in pretty much the rest of the civilized world. The combination of fear and habit, mixed with a bit of learned, cultural/hormonal fondness to them perhaps makes it seem like you are a bit stuck.

Perhaps if all of the people could collectively decide over a natural period of time, to ween off guns, then it may one day happen.
    But, even if someone held a view like mine, considering it as a peaceful and logical form of progress, and attempted to bring such a thing about or at least "lobby" for it, the citizens will be suspicious. (begins list of comments in reaction, that from even half a world a way I can and have heard.)

Add on recent edit.
    I get the impression that this post went 'WHOOSH' over Jengelen's head, as the response seems to refer to mine, yet speaks again as if everyone on this forum is American. The key point I made was about the headspace and nurtured cultural standpoint in attitude. An outsider looking in can see it a lot easier I suppose, and although my points are somewhat obsolete because of the horse having already bolted. Displayed is really an example of what I was talking about. Entrenched belief in guns, and not really having a clue how the rest of the world gets along just fine without them. I say this respectfully, don't please feel I am trying to get at anyone.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 10th October 2015 at 22:46.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Cearna (11th October 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    Needing guns or not needing them is no one else's business or decision. Its a personal decision only you can make. As long as someone can make one they will always have one. Doesn't matter what, gun, knife whatever. Need I remind everyone that Cain killed Abel with a rock! Do we not need them either I guess? So you see we start with guns where does it end?

When the dentist killed the lion everyone, including the president went for the man, not the gun he was carrying or the one he used! Does anyone here even know the gun he used? Make, model, type? No, just the man. They had no problem seeing the real then. What is different now!? What makes them focus on the guns instead of man here? Agenda nothing more nothing less. They are going by a script, repeated each election cycle. Its a system, and it works. What is more they have people, the masses so conditioned and prepared to get this show, nothing more than a show that they complain if they don't get it! All a big stage and people just don't see it. They are gang members.

All of them are gang members. When you see them they wear suits and ties and good looking acceptable things because they simply know you will receive it and them well! They have been trained to deceive! You don't really think Hilary knows anyone there she is waiving to do you? They are taught that! All of it is a show! A big play! We need as Americans to get past that and to see beneath the disguises of these ones calling themselves our leaders!

See them for the gang attire they would prefer to wear! Understand that the people you need out there running things may not look the way you like or accept. They may wear bib overalls and come home at the end of the day smelling to high heavens but they are in the top 2% of the best managed families and businesses in the country and have managed their own lives in ways that could be taught and should be taught to everyone. We have to be prepared to accept these people for what they are, how they express and look past this nonsense. These guys running things now are deceptive captives of another power and do not answer to or care about any of us. Its high time we waken to that fact and put people in there in mass that rep for us. One or two good cells in the petri dish we call D.C. is not going to fix this!

We need to wipe the dish out and start new! New cells all the way across all fresh, all good healthy, true representatives of the people not the cabal!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Cearna (11th October 2015), Greenbarry (11th October 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Supporting constitutional rights is great. Picking and choosing which ones isn't.

Too often, the same people going on about gun rights have been silent about the losses of other rights due to the Patriot Act, the 100 mile swath next to the country's borders where we have no constitutional rights, the talk of removing several amendments from the constitution, and more.

Sandra Day O'Connor openly criticized Republicans for trying to amend the Constitution to restrict Americans rights. We have always amended it to expand rights. The party that nominated & confirmed her has been remarkably silent about their blatant hypocrisy. No surprise there.

It used to be that giving rights to blacks was morally repugnant to many. Does that mean we did the wrong thing? It certainly doesn't.

Roe v Wade is probably the biggest hot button we have. Where are the people protecting women's Supreme Court affirmed Constitutional rights? A 'choice' isn't moral or ethical if it's forced.

If we really want freedom we need to protect it in all its forms, not just the ones favored by those in power.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Greenbarry (17th October 2015)