Thread: The Maya Glyphen and the Voynich Manuscript

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 359 Posts

The Maya Glyphen and the Voynich Manuscript

Beware: very German !

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O5pysy0cq0

A very short introduction to Erhard Landmann:

He a self proclaimed amateur philologist.
    Landmann caims that the Maya pictures have glypen inside which are in Altdeutsch language.
    He works 40 years as an amateur philogoge and has never heard of the voynich manuscript for 40 years
    until now he has a little help of youtube.
    LOL LOL LOL

Gurki Tierchen vor 7 Monaten
    Es wird Zeit eine Hitliste der dümmsten und verblödetsten Youtube-Videos zu erstellen und obiges Video dürfte es mühelos
    in die oberen Ränge schaffen. ' Ein Sprachwissenschaftler, der sich seit über vierzig Jahren mit vergleichender
    Sprachwissenschaft (?), Entschlüsselung fremder Sprachen und Übersetzung von altertümlichen Texten befasst und erst nach
    über vierzig Jahren vom Voynich-Manuskript zu hören bekommt ??? Ein Video, das zu Beginn ohne nähere Angabe von Gründen
    mit einer einfachen unsinnigen Behauptung alle Bemühungen bisheriger Sprachwissenschaftler, Übersetzer und
    Altertumsforscher mit einem Federstrich zunichte machen will, um uns dann mit einem Gesülze von einer Elidiutschen
    Sprache zu überschütten ? LÄCHERLICH !

voynich:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfjSLzPjDmM

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpJfaUdZC20

I'm only fit in microprocessor so I never can give here any comment to Maya or Voynich.
    Last edited by scibuster, 13th November 2015 at 06:19. Reason: err

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Elen (13th November 2015), Frances (13th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015), pointessa (16th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    Wow I really really wish to understand the first vid especially, can you give an outline ?.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Elen (13th November 2015), Frances (13th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Even though I can't understand everything he's saying in the first video, I understood enough, especially with the examples and then glyphs he's trying to interpret, to get the feeling that this guy is really reaching. That is to say that I think this guy is being a little bit too imaginative in this case. It doesn't help his case that he gives no actual reproductions from archaeological artifacts, but recreates all of these glyphs himself by hand, so we have to take for granted that he is even drawing these glyphs accurately in the first place.

What gets me is that the connections between these languages and German, if they can be said to exist at all, must be extremely old, and likely so old that it obscures any relation to the Indo-European languages in general. And that creates a lot of problem when we consider the times during which these languages are respectively supposed to have emerged. French and German are both known to be Indo-European languages and related to each other, but don't show anywhere near the similarity that he is picking out of these glyphs to match with German. I'm sure that German itself has changed a lot since the time of Tacitus' Germania, not to mention how the letters themselves have changed over these hundreds of years.

Correct me if I'm wrong (my German is very poor, I only started studying it earlier this year), but is he also talking about Egyptian hieroglyphics from ancient dynasties? This would more obviously complicate the issue with letters, because I am not sure who (if anyone) used these types of letters back then. Even the predecessors of the Romans used something more similar to the Greek alphabet, and the Germans didn't even have an alphabet until the Romans gave them one. With the Mayan case he could at least argue that maybe some ancient Germans went to Mexico and encrypted their letters (which they had quickly taken from the Romans) and then they all died out, even though that would be a lot to swallow perhaps more of this starker Tobak. But bringing in the ancient Egyptian dynasties would make an even greater problem that would require even more imaginative solutions to make these ideas work.
    Last edited by bsbray, 13th November 2015 at 07:19.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), Elen (13th November 2015), Frances (13th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,695 Times in 10,223 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Wow I really really wish to understand the first vid especially, can you give an outline ?.
    You can set the subtitles on the video to your preferred language.

Click on settings then subtitles then click the auto translate and choose your preferred language.

cheers
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Dreamtimer (13th November 2015), Frances (13th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I tried that just now Malc, and it said a bunch of stuff that was pretty much unintelligible, like "whether the cork popping, Apple's iPad, a Fake, a show of strength, most notably feedback Iran." All of this was Google's translation while the guy is actually just saying the names of letters in the German alphabet.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), Elen (13th November 2015), Frances (13th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    This translation is absolut funny.

It's not translated by a text-script.
    For me it sound like a Google word spoken into a speech to text conversion software and then running a Google translater of this text.

Every German will "rolling on the floor" when he read the subtitles in english. LoL

Beware:
    Landmann his accent is sächsisch Saxon.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Frances (13th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Is the voynich manuscript still undeciphered? My understanding is that no one knows what it says. But there must be many trying.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2015), Aragorn (13th November 2015), bsbray (13th November 2015), Elen (16th November 2015), Frances (14th November 2015), Juniper (13th November 2015), The One (13th November 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Is the voynich manuscript still undeciphered? My understanding is that no one knows what it says. But there must be many trying.

Beware:
    When you do a youtube search with "voynich" some reports make this claim that this manuscript is encrypted.
    Also Landmann make this claim by using his glyphs decoding on this manuscript.
    And also Prof. Stepehn Bax make this claim.

But the most lying claim is this one:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKpqwSboyUo

Jutta Kellner:
    http://voynich-manuskript.de/ms408/hilfe/
    http://www.ciphermysteries.com/2014/...ory-asks-money

Jutta Kellner
    Varmisser Str. 38
    37127 Dransfeld
    Germany

I call this in my own words:
    "Bettelbrief einer blöden Votze" she asks for 185 000 Euros:
    begging letter of a stupid ****

Beware:
    voynich make approcs 30000 hits at youtube.
    You will never look/read this all in your complete lifetime.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scibuster For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2015), Frances (14th November 2015)