Thread: More evidence that the Queen is a contemptuous person

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts

More evidence that the Queen is a contemptuous person

I thought this article was amusing, and it confirms what I've always suspected about "RBF."

'Resting bitch face' is real, scientists say

(CNN)Good news, everyone! You can now wear your mildly discontented face with some validation.

The phenomenon known as "resting bitch face" is real, according to scientists. Better yet, there's research available that could explain why some people are "throwing shade."

In a study conducted in October 2015, scientists Abbe Macbeth and Jason Rogers from Noldus Information Technology, a company that develops software for observational and behavioral research, used the company's FaceReader software to analyze the faces of celebrities like Kanye West, Kristen Stewart, Anna Kendrick and Queen Elizabeth II, notable public figures who have been known to occasionally wear a less-than-pleased expression.

"We were looking to see if anything popped out," Macbeth said. "Our software is objective. It's not prone to human subjectivity like we are."

What they discovered was that celebrities who had bored or annoyed looks were showing underlying levels of emotions that are not seen in people who don't have RBF.

[...]

On an average reading, the software will register a face at 97% neutral. But there's about 3% of an underlying expression, Macbeth explained. That 3% is made of emotions that show traces of sadness, happiness or anger, for example.

"We see that people who have this RBF expression [have] double the amount of emotionality expressed," she said. Those afflicted with RBF may show a jump of trace emotions as high as 6% and most of the emotion expressed is of contempt: the feeling that something is worthless or deserving scorn.

Subtle facial expressions like a slightly pulled-back lip or squinting eyes are read as contempt, Macbeth said.

Celebrities with neutral faces are people like Jennifer Aniston and Blake Lively, Macbeth said. Although their faces are neutral, according to the software, people will register Aniston and Lively's faces as happy faces.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/03/health...rpt/index.html

I wonder what David Rockefeller's face says about his underlying mood?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th February 2016), Aragorn (7th February 2016), Cearna (8th February 2016), Dreamtimer (9th February 2016), Elen (8th February 2016), GCS1103 (8th February 2016), Juniper (8th February 2016), modwiz (7th February 2016), reno (8th February 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    When I was a young adult I would frown a lot to appear more serious. Then I realized I would end up with a frowny face. So I made a concerted effort to relax my face and keep it calm. The frown lines that had already begun to appear in my 20s are barely noticeable. I'm not so sure my relaxed face looks happy...but I don't think it's a rbf.

The Clintons have some 'winning' resting face looks.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2016), bsbray (9th February 2016)