Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A sign of the times: Depressing survey results show how extremely stupid America has become

Retired Member
    Thanks

The zombie apocalypse is real and happening. . . . Lol

I have a question. If we willingly allow ourselves to be 'dumbed down' and if we clearly see what our leaders are doing to control and manipulate us and we just continue on following the program then wouldn't we be truly stupid?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2016), Aragorn (3rd May 2016), bsbray (3rd May 2016), Cearna (3rd May 2016), Dreamtimer (3rd May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016), modwiz (3rd May 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by blufire View Post

The zombie apocalypse is real and happening. . . . Lol

I have a question. If we willingly allow ourselves to be 'dumbed down' and if we clearly see what our leaders are doing to control and manipulate us and we just continue on following the program then wouldn't we be truly stupid?
    I have been reaching out to the "affected" for years and find no interest in rehabilitation. Some interest in calling me conspiracy theorist but, upping their game is a no-go. I took the hint and focus on people who want to do something. Another reason for scant participation on forums. Cyber-jawboning doesn't accomplish much either.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2016), Aragorn (3rd May 2016), Cearna (3rd May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016), lcam88 (3rd May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks

I remember a time when you tried to rehabilitate me modwiz. . . If I remember right I fully rebelled. . . True to my nature, I reckon.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2016), Aragorn (3rd May 2016), Cearna (3rd May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016), modwiz (3rd May 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by blufire View Post

I remember a time when you tried to rehabilitate me modwiz. . . If I remember right I fully rebelled. . . True to my nature, I reckon.
    I have no recollection. Might be age, lol. You are good to go, whether I agree with you on certain matters or not. You are an original and your own person. I can admire your style even when we are not on the same page.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2016), Aragorn (3rd May 2016), blufire (3rd May 2016), Cearna (3rd May 2016), Dreamtimer (3rd May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016), Wind (3rd May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I feel the biggest element that has ‘dumbed down’ not only Americans but in other first world countries is the almost total lack of common sense and street smarts or intelligence gained from actually doing something.

Intelligence is cultivated by ‘doing’ and having to survive by the seat of your pants and knowhow by ‘doing’ and learning by your mistakes and having to fix it.

Imagination . . . . . . people no longer have imagination.

When I travel to big cities or when I lived in Kansas I was amazed that you never see children our playing outside anymore.

You could have all the book knowledge out there that is available and have a perfect GPA but if one doesn’t know how to use or logically apply all that knowledge it is useless and will never turn into wisdom.

Some of the most intelligent and most importantly wise people I have known in my lifetime have little to no formal education.

The government isn’t causing this, it is sheer laziness.

Take away your children’s smart phones, X boxes, T.V.’s and computers and throw them outside. . . . . and while you are at it . . . . go with them.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd May 2016), Cearna (4th May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016), Wind (3rd May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    "You will be assimilated by the Borg, resistance is futile."

How was that problem solved?

Didn't they (Star Trek crew) find their capacity to use force insufficient or unsustainable (due to Borg adaptation)? Could they do anything (besides the "ultimate" creative => time travel)?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd May 2016), Cearna (4th May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    lcam88, they introduced the concept of "I", the individual, to the Borg. There was a Borg who they named Hugh and they returned him to the collective in hopes that he would act as a kind of virus. Later, Lor found these individuated Borg and made them his servants... Then there was the movie...

My sister-in-law has to 'throw' my nephew outside. He'll go, though. They like to play basketball and air-gun tag. My son likes to bike and actually has been working at camps in program leadership positions such as rock climbing or canoeing or hiking. His college does an orientation where the freshmen actually spend a week in the outdoors camping and doing other chosen activities. It's pretty fantastic.

His peers are very smart.

How many smart people do we need in a society to make it strong? Only a fraction of Americans even picked up guns to fight in the Revolution.

12 smart people. 100 monkeys. Even the Alternative community is numerous enough if it can act.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd May 2016), Cearna (4th May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016), lcam88 (3rd May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Recalibrate the weight of "ego" in the mind. <= brilliant. How can that be done?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd May 2016), Cearna (4th May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Here's a simple answer: How much does your ego control you? That's how much it weighs. When you weigh more on the see-saw, you control the game.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd May 2016), Cearna (4th May 2016), Elen (3rd May 2016), lcam88 (3rd May 2016)