Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Alien Convention is going Big Time!

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts

Ancient Alien Convention is going Big Time!

Get a load of this! Talk about serious marketing..... have you guys seen the advertising for the Ancient Aliens convention?? OmG are they ever going big time. Take a look at their website for their upcoming event in October. This is a well funded production based on what I'm looking at...Could this be tied into all the talk of disclosure? I see no end to the Ancient Alien series on History Channel it's just getting warmed up.

https://www.thealiencon.com/

From their about page:

Alien Con

The truth IS out there, and you can find it this October in Santa Clara, CA at Alien Con, the very first convention devoted to fans of HISTORY’s Ancient Aliens, sci-fi buffs, and pop culture enthusiasts alike! Cosmic-Con®, the event division of Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine, and HISTORY® are teaming up to celebrate all things not of this world, both in science and in pop culture, for three days only on October 28-30, 2016 — Halloween weekend, the perfect time for a close encounter!

Alien Con will boldly go where no convention has gone before. The inaugural event will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center and feature:

Celebrity sightings, including the creators and stars of ANCIENT ALIENS and your favorite Sci-Fi icons and stars.

Private parties where you can dine and gaze at the stars with the stars.

A costume party devoted to Famous Monsters’ fearless leader Forrest J Ackerman in celebration of his centennial birthday. Forry was the world’s first cosplayer, so bring your best costume in honor of him to win the ultimate prize!

The newest tech in videogames, as well as retro games to spark your nostalgia!

Panels discussing theories explored in Ancient Aliens and other mysteries with leading experts in the fields of science, history and archeology.

Artifacts, artists, autographs, and photo ops with top Sci-Fi celebrities.
    Thought-provoking exhibits on alien exploration.

This is no conventional convention!

About HISTORY®

HISTORY®, now reaching more than 96 million homes, is the leading destination for award-winning series and specials that connect viewers with history in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across all platforms. The network’s all-original programming slate features a roster of signature series including “Pawn Stars,” “American Pickers,” “The Curse of Oak Island,” “Alone” as well as the hit drama series “Vikings.” The HISTORY website is located at history.com. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/history and Facebook at facebook.com/history.

ALIEN CON
    Last edited by Divine Feminine, 28th May 2016 at 17:32.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Aragorn (28th May 2016), bsbray (29th May 2016), Cearna (29th May 2016), Chester (1st June 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Fred Steeves (1st June 2016), heyokah (1st June 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), modwiz (28th May 2016), The One (29th August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    And hey.....did you know there's even a game! lmao....I can't stop laughing...... I'm sorry I'm all for disclosure, but this just seems silly to me.

C'mon...somebody buy it!

"Travel back in time to abduct primitive humans"....manipulate their DNA and help build ancient civilizations........LMAO

Last edited by Divine Feminine, 28th May 2016 at 17:29.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Aragorn (28th May 2016), bsbray (29th May 2016), Cearna (29th May 2016), Chester (1st June 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Fred Steeves (1st June 2016), Greenbarry (28th May 2016), heyokah (1st June 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), modwiz (28th May 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    The online game is a good way to see where people are at psychologically and use the data against them. Control of our psychology is central to their control of us. Greater perspicacity is required on our part to nullify their efforts to "get inside our heads".
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Aragorn (29th May 2016), Bob (29th May 2016), bsbray (29th May 2016), Cearna (29th May 2016), Chester (1st June 2016), Divine Feminine (29th May 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Fred Steeves (1st June 2016), heyokah (1st June 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 266 Posts
    the game looked fun thow..

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greenbarry For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), bsbray (29th May 2016), Cearna (29th May 2016), Divine Feminine (29th May 2016), Elen (29th May 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Greenbarry View Post
    the game looked fun thow..

Yes, it did, though. (Spell check did not allow me to spell though as thow.) Who knew?
    Last edited by modwiz, 29th May 2016 at 00:37.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), bsbray (29th May 2016), Chester (1st June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Yes, it did, though. (Spell check did not allow me to spell though as thow.) Who knew?
    hrmm.. is that like "to be or not to be?".. though or thow?
    do i have to resort to a dictionary to tell me how to spell?
    i like my version of spelling thow. seems good. less words.
    i can spell really good their way but i choose mine.
    not all the time though. see?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greenbarry For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), modwiz (29th May 2016)

Thanks
    hrmm.. is that like "to be or not to be?".. though or thow?
    do i have to resort to a dictionary to tell me how to spell?
    i like my version of spelling thow. seems good. less words.
    i can spell really good their way but i choose mine.
    not all the time though. see?
    Thank you for the elucidation. However, dictionaries are not needed. Forum provided spell-check provides "clues". I do my best to not give "them" any fuel for their "we are all illiterate useless-eaters" by using English with some degree of respect. That's just me. Perhaps I give a shit too much.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Aragorn (29th May 2016), Chester (1st June 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Fred Steeves (1st June 2016)

Thanks
    However, dictionaries are not needed. Forum provided spell-check provides "clues". I do my best to not give "them" any fuel for their "we are all illiterate useless-eaters" by using English with some degree of respect. That's just me. Perhaps I give a shit too much.
    yes, when i twist words to my way of spelling. i get that red-lined annoying spelt it wrong thingy also.
    its kind of my way to be rebellious. not to give my power away to someone that "tells" me how to
    spell, when, i know how to spell very well. i just dont really care for english teachers.. they get on my
    nerves.
    books are some"ones" interpretation of how it should be done. since the author has some type of
    clout in the system it gets passed on for the masses to follow. not my thing but it is a double-edged
    sword.
    yer cool modwiz.. i like the videos you post. also, you remind of a three musketeer. D'Artagnan is
    my favorite.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greenbarry For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Chester (1st June 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), modwiz (29th May 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    [...] However, dictionaries are not needed. Forum provided spell-check provides "clues". [...]
    Actually, Radagast, it isn't the forum which provides the clues, but rather the spell checker which is built into your web browser. Depending on what web browser and operating system you use, it may even have built-in support for multiple languages — or at the very least, different varieties of English — albeit that its thesaurus will be far from complete.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Cearna (29th May 2016), Chester (1st June 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), heyokah (1st June 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016), modwiz (29th May 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Actually, Radagast, it isn't the forum which provides the clues, but rather the spell checker which is built into your web browser. Depending on what web browser and operating system you use, it may even have built-in support for multiple languages — or at the very least, different varieties of English — albeit that its thesaurus will be far from complete.
    Thank you for the clarity, brother. Blessed be.

yes, when i twist words to my way of spelling. i get that red-lined annoying spelt it wrong thingy also.
    its kind of my way to be rebellious. not to give my power away to someone that "tells" me how to
    spell, when, i know how to spell very well. i just dont really care for english teachers.. they get on my
    nerves.
    books are some"ones" interpretation of how it should be done. since the author has some type of
    clout in the system it gets passed on for the masses to follow. not my thing but it is a double-edged
    sword.
    yer cool modwiz.. i like the videos you post. also, you remind of a three musketeer. D'Artagnan is
    my favorite.
    LOL. At least this thread got a few posts.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Aragorn (29th May 2016), Chester (1st June 2016), Elen (29th May 2016), Greenbarry (29th May 2016), Joanna (29th May 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The point of this thread was to show people how they're commercializing the disclosure movement, not discussing spell check. Imo, interjecting a game into the picture is silly and ruins the validity of a serious topic. However as much as they pound the phrase 'Ancient Alien theorists', into the collective via the Ancient Alien program, so much so it's a household name, I walk away with the impression more disclosure is on the way.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Aragorn (29th May 2016), Chester (1st June 2016), sarahdita85 (31st May 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Divine Feminine View Post
    The point of this thread was to show people how they're commercializing the disclosure movement, not discussing spell check. Imo, interjecting a game into the picture is silly and ruins the validity of a serious topic. However as much as they pound the phrase 'Ancient Alien theorists', into the collective via the Ancient Alien program, so much so it's a household name, I walk away with the impression more disclosure is on the way.
    sorry bout that DF..

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenbarry For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Divine Feminine (1st June 2016)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    I think the name said it all

Alien Con
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Aragorn (1st June 2016), Divine Feminine (1st June 2016), Fred Steeves (1st June 2016), modwiz (1st June 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I thought the same thing Sam and I'm glad you brought it up...funny thing, I was listening to Clyde Lewis tonight and he was advertising some alien convention coming up soon, but he called it 'alien con' so it says to me this is an accepted 'buzz word'.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Aragorn (1st June 2016), Chester (2nd June 2016), Fred Steeves (1st June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Get a load of this! Talk about serious marketing..... have you guys seen the advertising for the Ancient Aliens convention?? OmG are they ever going big time. Take a look at their website for their upcoming event in October. ]
    Now, where have I seen this kind of stuff before? They're just now catching on?

WARNING:*PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED*

http://awakeandaware2013.net/

Reminds me of Howard Biel's famous "Were In A Lot Of Trouble" rant from the classic movie "Network", keeping in mind it's not just television any more:

Television is not the truth! Television is a God-damned amusement park! Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8

There's a lot more to these dog and pony shows than boredom killing any more IMO, but that's a good place to start anyway.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 1st June 2016 at 13:45. Reason: fixed your video link ;)
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2016), Chester (2nd June 2016), Divine Feminine (1st June 2016), enjoy being (1st June 2016), modwiz (1st June 2016)